Friday 1 March 2013

How much does it cost to be myself




This week i was reminded about individuality and its indivisibility

though there are many schools of thought on the topic of the self
so we will go through the side gate of stances

this week had me questioning or having my stance questioned
for a stance is merely a pose until it is reacting against an opposing force as was mine this week

for there are many people in the interwebs of lives professing to be originals
and unique at that but are they are you

and this was question staring me slap bang in my face
am i

everyone can see what they want to be but what are they doing towards it

we can name our heroes and she roes but are we attempting to emulate them

for it is one to say you are against oppression but another to actually make stands

and i found myself recently being one of hushed tones and grumbles

and got me to this why

was it fear
was it comfortability
was it a amalgamation
or was it weariness














these are the messages that came to me when push came to shove
am i willing to pay the price to be myself
and why was i contorting my figure into that of a sheep
for is there a big difference between a sheep and one assuming the role of a sheep

for many where in my boat but would rather me too instead of not me
for the power these states have is what we give it
just to be at ease
even if it is hell it is ease
and that keeps some going

along with escapism

for i do not want to compromise
i don't want to cringe
and hold my tongue
giving up my autonomy

question how do you pay to be yourself
the answer in will
will was a great virtue in times gone past
some professed of having indomitable will
now it is replaced by patience

for me patience is to close to hope
and hope is not in your hands

for if we think for one moment
of all this will being hoarded to not be spent upon oneself
how different certain scenes would be

our work places our schools our interactions

and our dreams

so when i took a stance and doubt attempted to creep in
i smirked thinking of this














No comments:

Post a Comment