Thursday 15 January 2015

Je suis/ I am what

I am sorry but this is not a movement
I dont get what people are saying
Are they trying to romanticize this event

Whilst taking a step back by perhaps conversing with different schools of thought
It can look like a rehashed
I am Spartacus
Moment
And for those who do not condone the gunmen and are not turning this controversial writer or illustrator into a hero
A martyr or a freedom fighter
Are meant to now say they are him
And be swept in the furor of a superficial movement
And the slogan on the other hand has separatist connotation in a different light 
As I said in the beginning
I am what
Charlie ok how about
I am anti-islam
I am white
I am European or even
I am intolerant
I am uninformed
Worst I am racist

And comment sections has been melting pot for people of those orientations

And at the same time this is also being seen as white issue by some
Some have remarked how deaths in other places have been underreported

And the very fact France posted these words above the arc de triomf within days and you had world leaders flocking to show solidarity in these times of mourning

Others have been questioning why thus urgency is not shown elsewhere

For example so far I have not seen America openly acknowledge the
I can't breathe protest
Instead
People where being criticized for doing it on a sports stage
But when similar sport athletes have shown memorabilia in reference to the actions in france the same people were congratulated

Which fits exactly into the slogan ran through that time it was black lives matter but you can switch the black for any other colour or race associated with people

And in closing
With all the cliche pen quotes flying out of the woodwork recently is this
Really about freedom in its mythological state
Or is it about freedom to offend not even constructively
As many have claimed it is the end of the abhorrent political correctness

Because with this episode we must wonder what will come from this
Will it be I can say what I like 
Now with the immunity of
#freedom of speech
Or f.o.s
Or the word foss
Like I the I am not racist but
Or will this be the more ficial and help strengthen society

I read that the previous ruling party in Spain had drawn up schemes  to combat the people who would be targeted

By a greater inclusion in society with employment of varied importance

Such as teachers and civil servants

So to transform that statement like it was not only charlie that died and be inclusive how about

je suis humaine
Eu sou humano
Yo soy humano
And every language/idiomas we have
So lets
Start dealing with human problems as humans
We can start with unity
No hatred
No sexism
No racism

1 comment: