Thursday 4 February 2016

Recognition

Recognition 





Do we need it and if so why 

There has been much talk about the oscars and one thing to come out of it was the word recognition 

But what is recognition 
Some would say is the acknowledgment of your work or efforts 
Not to touch too much on the oscars is that to a degree via not being nominated many artists or actors were acknowledged 
Or some have argued that by having that job in the first place they have be acknowledged 

But this is where linguistic gymnastics can provide arguments for and against by choosing which side to be displayed 
But with the inevitable comment of maybe no person was good enough to be nominated 

The question of bring acknowledged in that way is one to be addressed like in our lives 
Do we need others eyes to legitimise the efforts of our lives 
Are we performers of art or art to be performed
Does my own acceptance lack validation and conviction

Is it that perhaps the leniency of my validation of my moments of attention should be perhaps more scarce so there wouldn't be so many source I would be looking to yield the responses I have shared 
Or that I have been guided into believing that I have been practicing reciprocation 
Championing rights of others who won't even raise their inaudible voice in my defence 

We all have seen beauty crushed by the lesser by mediocrity by why is this possible 

From now my recognition is that of existence 
I will not need words or actions of palms colliding to be the deciding of what I am what I have done 

Did I achieve my goals 
did I 
or not
Whether weaker eyes can visualise what am I 
No other self will be the evidence of what I am or have done or what I have felt

No comments:

Post a Comment