Friday 4 August 2017

I'm only a humanist


I'm only a humanist


We've been sold
A dream
From which we are not to awake from
To aim to save everyone but ourselves

I must always sacrifice
My nourishment
My security
My sense of self
For the good of the tribe

A tribe which doesn't have my well being or my good
on their agendas
(You can check
I'll be waiting)
That their continual biting of hands that feed them should be a badge of valor
Even if because of such actions
You can't bring that same hand to feed yourself
The hunger pangs of the righteous

But If I ought to contort myself to alleviate the ailments of the other
As an act of that that is human
What does it make those that I hand healing to

Inhuman as their situation
What is my goal with these acts
Is it to awaken their humanity
Or to be an evangelist to the euphoria of being imbued with the essence of humanity


Raising backsliders in this Sisyphean cycle
Of
Tasting the elusive

To the point where
These humanitarians of hope
Are themselves powerless to up lift
the help-challenged

What use can be found in the throw away pieces of currency
Less than 1% of your income
Aiming to be empowered by the people who are circumstantially north of your position
Who use your predicament as motivators to their mediocrity

At least I don't have your existence
At least I don't

I'll complain about a job I don't like
But will never quit
Because I don't have the tools for anything but this
To work harder for someone else than I'll ever work for myself
To never get a pat on my back
A tip of the hat 🎩
Lucky that they only want me to sell my hours for the right not to be homeless
They could demand I stand on one leg for an hour
Or be defloured and devoured
Because money is
money is
right








No comments:

Post a Comment