Friday 4 August 2017

Pigeon holed potential


Pigeoned held in the purgatory of potential

That's where I am now
No rope
No ladder
just a slope
Unfazed if it impedes my progress or will it lead me to regress

Distress
Whilst being
In quote
blessed
But blessed is not perfect
So it won't assuage my hunger
Or massage my soul
Since I don't hold what I consider to be my fruits of success

I've laurels to rest on
So do us all
But do we all have that thing
You know that thing
That can rise us from any low
That goal
That showcases our shimmer of supremacy over mediocrity
Over unadulterated odds that could of destroyed us

I can see the top of the mountain face I am climbing
Which is meant to be reassuring but it is also taunting
Because you've never done something until you have done it
So being in it shadow can be spun into a web
We use to congratulate ourselves
But I refuse
I refuse
To have my successes be assigned
Value
Gauged against the failings of my contemporaries

Boasting betterment over others inadequacies
Pointing fingers at others to obscure attention from the goals I could achieve
So I am in the shade of my ambition

Though
How does one exist in this state
The state often forgotten
The state you are not prepped for
Who preps for the pangs of hunger
For the dry mouth
Whilst seeking sustenance
A place you will rarely revisit or ever be within it clutches






No comments:

Post a Comment